CakePHP is an open source web application framework. It is written in PHP, modeled after the concepts of Ruby on Rails, and CakePHP is licensed under the MIT license which makes it perfect for use in commercial applications.CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention, helping you keep your application safe & secure.
- Massive, vibrant community
- Tons of free downloadable sample code and applications
- Slow page loads
- Difficult to learn
It has an elegant HMVC PHP5 framework that provides a rich set of components for building web applications.It uses the BSD license, so you can use and modify it for commercial purposes.This is an OOP framework that is extremely DRY. Everything is built using strict PHP 5 classes and objects.There are no code generators and endless configuration files, so setting up is fast and easy.Simple and effective tools help identify and solve performance issues quickly.Extending existing components and adding new libraries is very easy.It is a very well commented code and a simple routing structure makes it easy to understand what is happening.
- Fast page loads
- Similar to Codeigniter (which is considered to be one of the easiest frameworks to learn)
- No manual
- Lack of support
- Small, non-vocal community
Zend Framework (ZF) is an open source, object-oriented web application framework implemented in PHP 5 and licensed under the New BSD License. Zend Framework is licensed under the Open Source Initiative (OSI)-approved New BSD License, and all code contributors must sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) based on the Apache Software Foundation’s CLA.
Zend Framework features include:
- All components are fully object-oriented PHP 5 and are E_STRICT compliant
- Use-at-will architecture with loosely coupled components and minimal interdependencies
- Extensible MVC implementation supporting layouts and PHP-based templates by default
- Support for multiple database systems and vendors, including MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Informix Dynamic Server
- Email composition and delivery, retrieval via mbox, Maildir, POP3 and IMAP4
- Flexible caching sub-system with support for many types of backends, such as memory or a file system.
- Zend is currently the PHP framework of choice for big business
- Expert Zend developers usually enjoy outstanding employment opportunities
- Being built by the guardians of PHP virtually guarantees that Zend is here to stay
- Users of Zend can expect to receive a tidal wave of sales pitches from the makers of Zend
- Zend users need to purchase (very!) expensive add ons to get the best from Zend
- Severe lack of community generated tutorials
CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework - a toolkit - for people who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
- Fast page loads
- Brilliant documentation
- Relatively easy to learn
- Large community
- You need to download third party add-ons to get the best out of it
- Non-strict structural requirements make Codeigniter a coding free-for-all