Every one known it that is Magento is a feature-rich, professional ASCII text file eCommerce resolution that gives merchants complete flexibility and control over the planning, content, and practicality of their on-line store. Magneto’s powerful marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and catalog-management tools give merchants the power to create eCommerce sites that tailored to their unique business needs.
Magento was set up in 2001 and has made a recent partnership with eBay that has enhanced its growing community of Magento developer who are constantly improving and creating new features, extensions, and modules. Magento has been praise for having the best technical support teams of any eCommerce platform. Magento is ideally suited for companies that need a professional online store presence.
Further has explained that, how Magento works vs. PrestaShop:
PrestaShop is an open source eCommerce platform. Like Magento’s base edition (Magento Community), PrestaShop’s basic offering is free, while modules, templates, and themes can be purchase from the PrestaShop store. Officially launched in August 2007 for small and medium sized businesses, PrestaShop uses the Smarty template engine for PHP.
PrestaShop is available in over 40 languages in varying degrees, but only English and French have full support in all release versions. PrestaShop does not offer an official support team; instead, users rely on the PrestaShop forum. There are a few technical requirements that must be met by the merchant before they are able to use PrestaShop, including: Apache web server 1.3 or later, IIS 6 or later, PHP 5 or later, MySQL 5 or later, and a Linux, Unix, or Windows-installed operating system.
There are also some compatibility issues with the following version of PHP: 5.2.1, 5.2.6, 5.2.9, and anything less than 5.2.
- PrestaShop is easy to install, but does not have the same out-of-the-box features as Magento.
- Prestashop Installation requirements are Depends on GD library of PHP. For Magento installation needs many extensions like PDO, CURL etc.
- PrestaShop has less system requirements than Magento. Moreover, Magento does not have any of the compatibility issues PrestaShop has.
- PrestaShop is easier to customize, but has far less options for customization.
- PrestaShop does not have the community of users or the enormously successful official support team that makes Magento so attractive.
- PrestaShop software is much smaller (in MBs and files) than Magento.
- PrestaShop has highlighted its search capabilities since its beginning, while this has been less important for Magento.
- Both are robust and have a web 2.0 feeling with out-of-the-box capabilities that surpass other open source eCommerce platforms.
- Magento offers more themes than PrestaShop.
- Magento’s SEO features are unparalleled with any other eCommerce platform.
- Magento is more suitable for a large-scale eCommerce store.
- Both the ecommerce platforms- Magento & Prestashop are available under Open Software License (OSL).
- As far as the functionality is concerned, functional features like Customer groups, Wish list, product comparison, RSS feed, TAG are there in Magento eCommerce. Apart from this, you can manage multiple stores via single admin; this is also a powerful feature of Magento. On the other hand, functional features like statistics, shipping tracking and membership are available in PrestaShop.
- There are no proper shipping and payment modules or any label printing option in PrestaShop, as compared to in Magento.
- Prestashop adopt smarty template engine based on PHP 5. Whereas Magento adopts Zend framework.
- PrestaShop’s Search is more striking and fast as compared to Search in Magento.
- Magento is much SEO friendly than PrestaShop.
- Flip side, the back office of Magento is a bit complex and requires some technical skills to manage it effectively as compared to PrestaShop.
If you feel to know, more about magento vs. PrestaShop development methods contact Magento Development Company or hire magento developer.