With so many eCommerce platforms available in the market, it is hard to figure out which eCommerce platforms is right for you. Many platforms offer different functionality, which is essential for some eCommerce stores, while simple functionality may be your piece of pie. Our experience has been stores, that have invested in simple functioning eCommerce platform but as time goes on, their business grows and they want to offer more customization, they ultimately migrate their eCommerce site to Magento.
From our experience, selecting an eCommerce platform that your business is able to grow into is the best route. This route is better than investing in one eCommerce method that may do the trick for your business at its infancy stage, and then needing to migrate your whole site to a new platform that can handle all your desired functionality and customization.
At Customer Paradigm, our general rule of thumb for deciding if your site should be run on Magento or a WordPress Plugin is an important question. If your goal is to sell products, we highly recommend Magento Development services. If your goal is to post content and blog then WordPress CMS is recommended. Generally, when the amount of products you have to sell are more than 25 it is a smart move to switch to Magento.
First we will go through the Magento ecommerce development and WordPress Development resemblances, then we will look at the functionality that Magento has that WordPress does not, then the functionality that WordPress has that Magento does not.
Magento and WordPress Similarities
- They are both Open Source platforms accessible for any aspiring web developer to download instantly.
- Both have the ability to integrate blogging into their functionality
- Both have the ability to easily add products
- Both have the ability to use themes to design and personalize the look and feel of your website
- Both can be managed (once set up) with slight technical knowledge or training.
- Both offer all the vital functions compulsory of any reputable online businesses.
- Both have active development and support communities.
- Both can be extended with plugins, extensions and templates (free and premium) created by numerous by third parties.
Magento vs. WordPress eCommerce Plugins
One advantage of Magento vs. WordPress eCommerce is the fact that Magento is developed specifically for eCommerce. The Magento Logo overall functionality is going to be more tailored towards a business structure for sales.
- Customization of shipping options
- Various payment integration
- Custom Shipping methods
- Dynamic pricing functionality
- Order fulfillment
- Gift Cards
- A more secure eCommerce platform than WordPress third party plugins
- Ability to add more functionality than a WordPress Plugin
- Great forums available on the web if you run into problems because Magento is the most widely used eCommerce platform
WordPress eCommerce Plugins vs. Magento
WordPress is perfect for your eCommerce requirements if you are only selling a few products. If you mainly have a site that is driven by content, news updates, and you sell a few t-shirts or tickets to an event then the WordPress eCommerce will work for you.
For those serious about conducting business online, we generally recommend Magento Commerce. It’s designed from the ground up for managing online shops, and offers a very fine degree of control. For major businesses with any degree of complexity, Magento is an ultimate choice.
WordPress, on the other hand, is a broader, more popular content management system, designed primarily for blogs and non-ecommerce websites. Online shopping competency isn’t available out of the box, but via third party plugins and extensions (some free, some premium) such as Tribulant’s WordPress Shopping Cart plugin.
- You want whole control over every aspect of your business and inventory.
- You are selling larger or more complex items with multiple payments and shipping possibilities.
- You would like the choice of branching out into multiple stores.
Use WordPress if:
- Your budget is narrow. And your store is comparatively straightforward.
- You would rather limit your input to the product name, description, photo and price.
- You want blog functionality out-of-the-box.
- You have an existing WordPress website you’re looking to expand into an online store.
- Your web space or bandwidth is limited.
- Your website requires a broader range of other WordPress plugins the Magento community does not offer.
We are skilled magento development services supplier. As the magento development company, “We are providing to the client magento customization services, magento module integration and magento theme primarily based web site style etc”. Our Magento developer can offer you dedicated services in keeping with your desires. Hire magento developer or programmer from Republic of India to develop the eCommerce web site, wherever you may notice the price effective and valuable services.